Friday 17 September 2010

Sailing at Hollingworth Lake

Hollingworth Lake

I went on my only Sailing course (April 89) - 1 of the Days there were strong winds, meaning we could not go Sailing. So the kids all went out in Canoes. While on the water, the weather changed drastically to Gale Force.
Nobody could stay upright, so they all had to get out. I had gone out in a Motor Powered Boat, and spent about an hour rescuing the kids from the Water (Obviously they all had life jackets on, but they were being blown across the lake) Most of the canoes were smashed on the Rocks at the far end of the lake.
At the end of the week, when it was time for my Sailing exam - there was no wind at all, I could only manage a Token "Lowest Grade" Qualification.
That week was most memorable for the Weather - I managed to get this shot one evening.

No comments: